Solar Power Installations in Haryana – State surging ahead in Energy Efficiency!
The Haryana Government has taken up initiatives for encouraging the use of Renewable energy sources. Similar to the Haryana Government initiative, solar power installations in Chandigarh have also been made mandatory.
For saving the conventional sources of energy the government has passed some discrete orders regarding the installation of Solar Photovoltaic Power plant as per the area of the building.
Solar Power Installations in Haryana are now mandatory as per the following schedule:
|S.NO.||CATEGORY OF BUILDING/AREA||CAPACITY OF SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER PLANT TO BE INSTALLED.|
|1.||All new residential buildings on a plot size of 500 square yards and above falling within the limits of Municipal Corporation, Municipal Councils, Municipal Committees, Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development corporation (HSIIDC) sectors||Minimum 1 Kilo Watt peak|
5% of sanctioned load,
Whichever is higher
|2.||All private Educational Institutes. Schools, Colleges, Hostels, Technical/Vocational Education institutes, Universities etc. having sanctioned load of 30 Kilo Watt (KW) and above.||Minimum 5 Kilo Watt peak (KWp)|
5% of sanctioned load,
Whichever is higher.
|3.||All Government Building and Offices, Government Educational Institutions, Universities, having sanctioned load of 30 Kilo Watt (KW) and above.||Minimum 2 Kilo Watt peak (KWp)|
5% of sanctioned load, whichever is higher.
|4.||In private Hospitals and Nursing Homes, Industrial Establishments, Malls, Hotels, Motel, Banquet Halls and Tourism Complexes, having sanctioned load|
|5.||All new Housing Complexes, developed by Group Housing Societies, Builders, Housing Board, on a plot size of:|
|6.||All water lifting stations of Irrigation Department having connected load of 100 Kilo Watt (KW) and above.||Minimum 50 Kilo Watt (KWp)|
3% of connected load, whichever is higher
- The Departments of Town and Country Planning, HUDA, Urban Local Bodies, Haryana State and Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) Industries and Commerce shall incorporate a relevant provision in this regard in their rules, within three month, from the date of issue of notification to make use of solar photovoltaic power Plant mandatory. They shall also define the penal action, procedure, mentioning about the amount of penalty for not complying with the provisions of this notification as per their department rules.
- Departments of Public Works (Buildings and roads) Haryana State Roads & Bridges development corporation, Public Health Education (all departments and Mission Mode projects), Health (all department and mission mode projects), Social Justice and Empowerment, Red Cross Societies, Architecture, Housing Board, Haryana State Agriculture Marketing Board (HSAMB), Irrigation, Forest, Police Housing corporation, Tourism, State universities or any other government building constructed shall implement the mandatory provisions of installation of Solar Photovoltaic Power Generation Plant for the buildings constructed by them.
- The Renewable Energy Department being a State Designated Agency for implementing Energy Conservation Act in the state provide all necessary technical support to the Government Department Organization in preparation of project proposal, cost estimates, installation of Solar Power Plants and in obtaining the Central Financial Assistance (CFA) from the ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India (GOI), if available, from the ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, from time to time.
- The system installed shall strictly comply with the technical specifications prescribed by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (HAREDA). The technical specifications may be downloaded from the website of the Renewable Energy Development hareda.gov.in. All details regarding solar power installations in Haryana can be attained here.
- The user categories of the private sector may install the Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant either from the Channel Partners/New Entrepreneurs/ firms empanelled by Renewable Energy Development, Haryana.
June 27, 2017
June 20, 2017